Artist at City of Ink // Inkaholicz Tattoo Family Affiliated // Hungry for opportunity// Always on the come - up







Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Memorial Tattoos...

These past few weeks have been hard...my brother died in a shooting.  Not only did I have to travel back home, but I too was expected to use my art for the good.  Part of me just wanted to break down, but I knew the strength within me was more important to shine....

I feel as though, Memorial tattoos shouldn't be depressing.  Yes, it was a sad moment but it's my job as an artist to show the light within the person that died.


This piece I drew, obviously custom...I was actually inspired by the ROC CITY TATTOO EXPO I intended earlier that day... The convention showcased over a hundred traditional artists.  With this piece I wanted to embody the old school style.  Yet, still put my twist on the piece.  With impacting color and still simplicity...I believe this was a unique and memorable memorial piece for my brother...



 
This piece was tattooed on my younger brother, Miles. Definitely, was a dope piece and I have to add this was his 1st tattoo.  Yes,another memorial tattoo for our brother, Aaron but it showcased the strength our brother possessed.

R.I.P. MAN - "WE DIDN'T LOSE A PERSON...WE GAINED AN ANGEL."

No comments:

Post a Comment