Artist at City of Ink // Inkaholicz Tattoo Family Affiliated // Hungry for opportunity// Always on the come - up







Thursday, July 7, 2011

Impossible is Nothing.

Reading Greedmont's 'Guide to A Come Up' re-lit the fire within me.  I felt like I was five again and was just slapped by my grandmother for not eating all my vegtables.  WAKE UP CALL!!! It was obviously time to wake up...



From the entire article, one phrase stuck with me; 'Ideas are universal, if you don't manifest on it soon someone else will.'  Thank you Fadia Kader!  And, thank you Greedmont Park!  I ate my vegtables; and now it's time to get big and strong.

Early, in my tattoo career, fear steadily filled my life.  I was fearful of growth.  Scared to become the artist I was intended to be.  Those feelings not only appeared in my demeanor, but too my work.  It was apparrent I was 'shell shocked.'  A turtle waking up and realizing that my barrier was broken.  I was open.  But, instead of "dying;" I personally removed my own shell.  And, realized I was still that dope turtle.



Picture of my first article ever.  This piece was written about my tattooing, art and ofcourse me in Rochester's local paper, THE INSIDER.  It was a starting point for more interviews to come, and the point when I realized my true potential. Can't wait...


This past year has been one of metamorphasis.  Progression was key and change necessary.  I left to Atlanta and due to unfortunate circumstances had to come back.  But, that's a part of life which continues to strike me but allows for my strength to rise.  And, to all my doubters, I will be back at City of Ink and better than ever.

My first day returning to Inkaholicz made me realize what I missed, but too put my growth on front street.  No longer was I that timid artist who let my work speak for me.  I had confidence and wasn't worried about being different.

Later that evening, I was presented with the idea to tattoo my fellow co-worker, Danny Hernandez.  I gladly agreed.  From my beginning, Danny had always been one of the many artist  at Inkaholicz who challenged me. But, since we're in the same age bracket friendly competition against one another was always within the back of our minds. Now, we just feed off of eachother. 


On left:  Picture of Danny Hernandez.  Tattoo Artist and fellow co-worker at Inkaholicz Tattoo Family in Rochester, New York.  Follow him @Born2ink.On Right:  Picture of his recent work; drawn and tatted on Lamar Huntley (Lstarz) of the group Signature.

So what did Danny want?  'Impossible is Nothing.'  That was just solidifying.  Anything, we can put our mind too will become, but don't sit on it because it'll come to pass and you'll be left with nothing but regret.Danny's tattoo was an eye-opener, good piece and great conversation all in one.  Glad to be home, but ready to get back to Atlanta and settle in to the artist I was intended to be.

(script draw on skin by me[Cake.])

(Tattoo by Cake[me])


No comments:

Post a Comment