Artist at City of Ink // Inkaholicz Tattoo Family Affiliated // Hungry for opportunity// Always on the come - up







Saturday, July 16, 2011

Weaving...

This week I was feeling really frustrated about life.  Enough said.  Everybody deals with the troubles and stresses of day to day life.  But, when an artist experiences stress; it shows. 

Posted on my facebook, that I wanted to attempt different pieces and basically would do them for a lower cost.  One of my customers hit me minutes later and told me that she wanted a piece to commemorate her child which had unfortunately passed.  Of course, I wanted to help her.  She said she wanted butterflies and in one, to incorporate her son's prints. 

I decided to attempt drawing on the skin (thanks COI.)  Instead of just having butterflies sitting on her, I thought it be interesting to take a flow pattern and weave it.





Experimentation is beautiful to promote growth.  Customer left satisfied and loved the tat.  Looking back is not an option because I can't change the past but would definitely say weaving a flow pattern is dope and with a little more execution I know I will definitely nail this in the future.  Tattooing is so much reminiscent of life because like this weaving pattern, one goes in and out of living not always knowing the outcome.  But, like life, tattooing with the 'unknown' leads to beautiful discoveries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment